Thursday 12 May 2016

Spring garden






Every day there is something new to wonder at at.
It brings me such joy!
I've been at my home for almost 2 years and I finally got round to sorting the garden.
I gave away the kids play house in the corner of the garden and that spot is now a small patio which catches the last bit of early evening sun. Perfect wine drinking spot!
The patio and path were built from what ever slabs and stones were already in the garden.
The chap who built the path, beds etc also made me a shed...it has a reclaimed door and stained glass windows and I love it!
I've re-sown the lawn and started to fill the beds with cottage garden style plants. I'm training plants up and around the kids trampoline. I've added raspberries, rhubarb and other edibles around the place. And as my house is called Roseland, it only seems fitting to add roses, which will hopefully climb over the walls and their scent and beauty will spill over into the little lane I live on.
I've grown all my veg from seed and can't wait to have a constant flow of fresh salad and veg.
The succulents in the pot has a collection of found pottery pieces collected from the Thames in London and dug up from various gardens I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment